One of the most important, helpful investments a warehouse manager can make is the purchase of industrial manipulators. An industrial manipulator is a machine with a rigid steel manipulator arm that allows for 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐩𝐥𝐞𝐱 𝐩𝐧𝐞𝐮𝐦𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐜 𝐭𝐢𝐥𝐭𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐫𝐨𝐭𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬.
For example, Dalmec industrial manipulators are often used when:
- A product is 𝐭𝐨𝐨 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐯𝐲 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐚 𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐨𝐧 to move manually
- A product must be moved to a location that is𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐢𝐥𝐲 𝐨𝐫 𝐪𝐮𝐢𝐜𝐤𝐥𝐲 𝐚𝐜𝐜𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐛𝐥𝐞 for a person to reach (such as a very tall shelf)
- A person will be put at 𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐤 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐢𝐧𝐣𝐮𝐫𝐲 if they move a product manually
- A person will quickly 𝐟𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐠𝐮𝐞 from moving products manually
- A 𝐡𝐢𝐠𝐡 𝐯𝐨𝐥𝐮𝐦𝐞 of products must be moved in a timely fashion
Industrial 𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐢𝐩𝐮𝐥𝐚𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐬 𝐦𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐦𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐥 𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐢𝐞𝐫 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐞𝐟𝐟𝐢𝐜𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐭 because your employees use machines to do heavy lifting and moving. Plus, these tools 𝐬𝐢𝐠𝐧𝐢𝐟𝐢𝐜𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐥𝐲 𝐫𝐞𝐝𝐮𝐜𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐩𝐨𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐛𝐢𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐲 𝐨𝐟 𝐫𝐞𝐩𝐞𝐭𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐯𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐢𝐧 𝐢𝐧𝐣𝐮𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬 caused by the overuse of specific muscles through repetitive motions.
An industrial manipulator can help your team warehouse increase efficiency, reduce the strain on your team, and, ultimately, save money in the long-run.
These technological additions don’t only help warehouses keep up with competitors. They help optimize your entire warehouse experience, keep pace with growing consumer demands and expectations and, most of all, 𝐦𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐤 𝐞𝐧𝐯𝐢𝐫𝐨𝐧𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐦𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐝, 𝐥𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐟𝐮𝐥 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐬𝐚𝐟𝐞𝐫.